I don't like mondays
Monday is finally over. (well, the working part is) I find this amusing as none of the rest have you have even STARTED monday yet. You are still sleeping soundly in your beds...
Anyway, I had my first major lesson disaster. I've got to totally revamp the first grade lesson plan for tomorrow. It was a 45 minutes lesson, but I swear it was longer.
This weekend, in contrast, was super fun. Friday night was club night and a guy named Nick's birthday, so a bunch of us WI teachers headed to Seoul late Friday for some eating and drinking. We went to a bar and randomly ran into a bunch of other people from the program and also a Korean pro-baseball player (my kids have been really impressed with this). So we had a few shots (tequlia, about one dollar each) and some beer (MGD, and if you can believe it, it tasted good. That tells you how badly I need a spotted cow, or the great dane)
Next we went to a dance club where we all... danced. One of the guys from our group tried to seduce me (after telling me about how he was going to seduce someone else). He led me away from everyone and after 5 minutes of dancing (and making me put my drink down- LAME, Anyone who knows me knows the way to me heart is not by taking away beer) he asked if I would come home with him that night. I didn't laugh in his face, I was very proud. I also told him if he wanted to go hit on someone else who he might have a chance with I understood. So he did.
After dancing until after 5:00am we went in search of drunk food (the Koreans we met LOVED that phrase). There was no Ians or Qdoba so we had Korean drunk food, and I got home at about 8:30am Saturday when I promptly fell asleep and slept until all of about noon.
Saturday was pretty much a wasted day, but Sunday I went to Seoul again for a Thanksgiving dinner. Which was awesome. One should never take turkey forgranted. Or stuffing. Or pie. Or gravy.
Next weekend we are having a texas hold'em tournament. Plus, Nick says he knows where to get Hookah in Seoul so he's going to take me to do that. How kick-ass is that. I haven't had a hookah is so long!
So that was my weekend. I am now resigned to another 5 days of teaching (1 down, 4 to go). Next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are final exams, so it will be a light week.
Gin- let me know when you are coming to visit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home